Eastern Vascular Associates
The vascular experts that make up the Eastern Vascular Associates location extend Columbia’s unparalleled skill and compassion for those with vascular disease and wound care into the Eastern Bronx area.
Book an Appointment | (718) 792-8115
Although we are surgeons, the majority of people we evaluate are treated without a procedure, with interventions like medication and/or lifestyle modifications while we monitor your condition.
- Aortic Aneurysm – a weakening of the largest artery in the body
- Carotid Artery Disease – a blockage of the arteries that bring blood to the brain
- Chronic Venous Insufficiency (CVI) – a problem with circulation due to vein issues
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) – blood clots that form in the veins
- Pelvic Vein Disease – the condition in which varicose veins form in the pelvis
- Peripheral Arterial Disease – problems with blood flow to the arms and legs
- Renal & Mesenteric Arterial Occlusive Disease – blockages of blood flow to the kidneys and intestines
- Spider Veins – small, discolored veins within the skin
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (Vascular) – a difficult-to-diagnose cause of neck and arm pain
- Thrombophlebitis – inflammation in the veins
- Varicose Veins – larger discolored veins that live below the skin
- Venous Leg Ulcers – painful open wounds that may develop with advanced vein disease
- Vein Center: The Eastern Vascular Vein Center is devoted to the performance of office-based, minimally invasive, laser treatments for relief of painful varicose veins, and severe venous stasis disorders including ulcerations of the lower legs.
- Wound Care Center: Our wound care specialists provide specialized care for acute and recurring non-healing wounds. Our team creates a customized wound care plan, considering the type and location of the wound. Our comprehensive wound care team is led by vascular experts with significant experience in all types of non-healing and persistent wounds.
Book an Appointment | (718) 792-8115
Our providers have been seeing patients in the Eastern Bronx for over two decades. Our surgeons have been a part of the community, seeing friends and neighbors for years before joining Columbia’s renowned vascular surgery team.
Frances Porreca, MD, is a vascular surgeon and vein expert. During his years of clinical practice, prior to joining the staff of NYP and CUMC, he served as Director of Vascular Surgery and Medical Director of the Hyperbaric and Wound Care Center at Montefiore Medical Center. Dr. Porreca maintained academic appointments at Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Long Island University and Montefiore Medical Center. He served on multiple hospital committees including the Residency Review Committee. He also held clinical appointments at St. Barnabas Hospital, New York Westchester Square Medical Center and Our Lady of Mercy Medical Center.
Eric B. Trestman, MD, is a vascular surgeon with expertise in traditional open surgical techniques and advanced minimally invasive procedures that treat the full spectrum of vascular disease. His acute clinical focus involves the treatment of aortic aneurysms, carotid disease and arterial/venous lower extremity disease. He also brings advanced skill in providing and maintaining dialysis access.
Michael J. Vitti, MD, is an expert in the performance of lower-extremity bypass surgery for limb salvage, repair of aortic aneurysms, carotid endarterectomy for stroke prevention, and dialysis access procedures. He also specializes in minimally invasive treatment of lower-extremity vein disease, from varicose veins to stasis ulcers. He is the Director of the Eastern Vascular Vein Center.
3219 E Tremont Ave # A
The Bronx, NY 10461
(718) 792-8115 | Request an Appointment
With more than two decades of experience serving the Eastern Bronx and Westchester community, our specialists at Eastern Vascular are ready to help you today.